Community Futures South Fraser (CFSF) is a not-for Profit Corporation funded by the Federal Government through Western Economic Diversification.
Community Futures mandate is to promote economic development and job creation in rural, non-metropolitan areas.
We are 1 of 34 offices across the province and 268 across Canada that has been in existence for over 30 years. CFSF was established in 1997 and our region is south of the Fraser River between, but not including, Langley and Hope.
Reporting to the Board of Directors, CFSF is seeking a General Manager to oversee the day to day operations of the Corporation. The General Manager will be responsible to the overall management of the Corporation’s services, programs, finances and human resources. The General Manager will also provide support to the Board of Directors in the execution of its responsibilities.
The key duties include, but are not limited to:
- Working with the Board of Directors, develop a strategic plan and implement strategies to achieve each goal
- Provide leadership in developing and managing the Corporation in a manner that motivates and maintains an active and productive team
- Pursue opportunities to optimize our current business
- Represent and promote CFSF at events and associations
Required Skills & Attributes
The ideal candidate will have a degree in business, finance or relevant field with at least 5+ years of management experience. Candidates should also have project management experience, strong writing and oral presentation skills and solid analytical and problem-solving abilities. Developing business plans as well as managing and administering government programs and services is essential.
Additional required attributes include:
- Small business lending experience
- Economic development experience
- Knowledge of Financial Statements and accounting
- Proficient computer skills in a Windows environment
- Strong ability to lead and manage a team
- Ability to represent the Corporation in a positive manner
- Values diversity and able to work cooperatively with people from many backgrounds, interests and attitudes
- Strong local and regional contacts
- Must be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident or refugee and be legally entitled to work in Canada
This full-time position is available immediately and is based at the CFSF office in Chilliwack. Some travel throughout BC, as well as occasional evenings, weekends and/or extended hours may be required to accommodate activities and events.
Qualified candidates are invited and encouraged to send a resume, cover letter with salary expectations and relevant references in pdf format only to email@example.com. Please quote “General Manager” in the subject line. Applications will be reviewed upon receipt and will be accepted until November 30, 2019.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
For a complete job description or to learn more about Community Futures South Fraser, please click here.