Do you have a disability or an ongoing medical condition? Do you also have a dream for a business?
If so, talk to us about the Entrepreneurs with Disabilities Program.
Self-employment can be a great way for persons with a disability or an ongoing medical condition to achieve economic inclusion.
Self-employment is made more manageable through:
- Flexible hours
- Personalized work environments
- A sense of control over your future
The Community Futures Entrepreneurs with Disabilities Program (EDP) provides assistance to entrepreneurs with disabilities or ongoing health conditions to start or grow their businesses.
EDP is for entrepreneurs who:
- Self-disclose a disability or ongoing health issue
- Have a viable business idea, and have demonstrated commitment through research learning and planning
- Is ready, willing and motivated to run their own business
- Is creative, resourceful and ready for change
- Needs additional support to overcome a barrier to entrepreneurship
EDP can provide:
- Access to a network of business professionals and resources
- Business skills coaching
- Business skills training
Learn more by calling our office at 604-392-5133 or click here to use our contact form (select General Inquiries) to send us a message.