Business Workshops & Events
Community Futures Business Workshops
The Community Futures workshops are designed to support all business owners and their staff. The workshops are designed to help you in all stages of business including startup, growth and expansion, as well as in succession planning.
“The training and coaching I received at Community Futures has made a significant impact to my business. The workshops were a focused time to think through all the fundamental aspects of starting a business – from goal setting, bookkeeping to customer service. The coaching I have received throughout the program has really helped me to keep focused. I am extremely grateful for the help I have received from the team at Community Futures!”
Each workshop offered for Abbotsford and Chilliwack businesses delivers the information and help needed in a manner and timeframe that suits you best.
For self-employed individuals, workshops are designed to fit the specific needs of unemployed individuals in Chilliwack, Agassiz and Hope.
A few of the workshops we offer …
Starting your own business is an exciting and sometimes overwhelming idea. This practical and interactive workshop reviews the fundamentals required to start a small business.
How to Start a Small Business 101
During this workshop we will answer some of your most burning questions
- What does it meant to own a business, how many hats do I need to wear?
- What government/CRA things need to be done?
- How do I REALLY know if this is a good idea?
- Will this idea make money?
- How will I get customers?
We will answer these questions by covering
- Business structures
- Registering a business
- Market research – competitive, peer, customer and financial
- The basics of a business plan
This 2 hour workshop is held the fourth Tuesday of each month from 2 to 4 pm.
This market research workshop is offered as one three-hour session, supported with one-on-one counselling when needed. This session is designed to help you:
- Determine the viability of your business concept,
- Develop and conduct comprehensive and relevant surveys, and
- Summarize your findings to arrive at a strong conclusion.
Business Plan Development
This business plan development workshop includes step-by-step instructions, in a group setting, on the preparation of a business and financial plan for the first year of business.
Your Business Advisor will meet one-on-one with you to clarify and expand on these instructions.
What will you do to help your business succeed next year? How will you actively plan to thrive?
A solid strategic plan is challenging to put together at the best of times. But now, with your ever changing business landscape, it can feel like an exercise in futility. How can you plan for a rapidly shifting future?
That’s why we put together our Plan to Thrive Workshops. It’s an expert-facilitated strategic planning session for small to medium business owners in the Fraser Valley. Led by multi-industry business consultant William Klaassen of Blue Giraffe, it’s an opportunity to:
- Assess where your business is alongside other entrepreneurs
- Nail down your value proposition for game-changing clarity
- Determine what you want to achieve in the coming year
- Set strategic goals with achievable steps, empowering you to succeed
Harness the wisdom and creativity of your local entrepreneurial community to break through obstacles, gain motivation, and transform your business.
Want to know more?
Call our office at 604 392 5133 or complete the contact form below to learn more.