Business Workshops & Events
Community Futures Business Workshops
The Community Futures workshops are designed to support all business owners and their staff. The workshops are designed to help you in all stages of business including startup, growth and expansion, as well as in succession planning.
“The training and coaching I received at Community Futures has made a significant impact to my business. The workshops were a focused time to think through all the fundamental aspects of starting a business – from goal setting, bookkeeping to customer service. The coaching I have received throughout the program has really helped me to keep focused. I am extremely grateful for the help I have received from the team at Community Futures!”
Each workshop offered for Abbotsford and Chilliwack businesses delivers the information and help needed in a manner and timeframe that suits you best.
For self-employed individuals, workshops are designed to fit the specific needs of unemployed individuals in Chilliwack, Agassiz and Hope.
Writing a business plan increases your profitability. Whether you’ve owned a business for 20 years or you’re just starting out, the process of writing down a plan will help you make more money.
How to Write a Business Plan
This interactive workshop will show you how to write a comprehensive business plan by helping you find answers to key business considerations:
- What are the goals and vision of your business?
- What problem is your business solving and for which target market?
- What makes your business and/or product unique?
- What about your competition? What makes them different from you?
- How are you getting the word out?
- What’s happening with prices these days?
- Is your profit margin healthy?
- Is there a way to increase your cash flow?
We’ll help you answer these questions by providing the tools and resources you need to conduct a competitive analysis, build a pricing strategy, and implement an operational plan. This workshop is held in-person and there is no cost to attend.
Choose the location of the ‘How to Write a Business Plan’ workshop you would like to register for by clicking the link below.
Starting your own business is an exciting and sometimes overwhelming idea. This practical and interactive workshop reviews the fundamentals required to start a small business.
How to Start a Small Business 101
During this workshop we will answer some of your most burning questions
- What does it meant to own a business, how many hats do I need to wear?
- What government/CRA things need to be done?
- How do I REALLY know if this is a good idea?
- Will this idea make money?
- How will I get customers?
We will answer these questions by covering
- Business structures
- Registering a business
- Market research – competitive, peer, customer and financial
- The basics of a business plan
This 2 hour workshop is held the fourth Tuesday of each month from 2 to 4 pm.
Want to know more?
Call our office at 604 392 5133 or complete the contact form below to learn more.
Workshops Contact Form
Community Futures South Fraser
#303 – 46167 Yale Road
Chilliwack, B.C. V2P 2P2